Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Question for the Road Time Readers (all 3 of you)

What is the purpose of "church"? Why do we go to this building on Sunday mornings? Sing some nice songs; listen to a guy talk about the bible, life, troubles, politics, work, etc.?

I'm curious to know your reasons. What do you look for in a church? Are you committed to a denomination? Why?

This is part of an ongoing struggle I've been having with church over the last few years. Now that my family has moved to a new area and we are in the midst of a search, these questions are weighing heavier with me. It's even harder since my wife and kids are doing the search largely without me.

You can respond on the site below, comment on the Facebook post, or send me a private email. I'll probably do a follow-up post in a week or two with some results of the query. Don't worry. The names will be left out to protect...well...me.


No comments:

Post a Comment